Our HALCO news Summer 2019 edition newsletter is here and includes:
- Legal Aid Ontario Funding Cuts – Save Our Legal Clinics
- Criminalization of People Living with HIV – Standing Committee Report
- Changes to Social Assistance – important ODSP/OW update
- OHIP+ drug coverage – no longer universal as of April 2019
- Criminal Injuries Compensation – changes
- Canada Pension Plan – changes
- Canada Pension Plan Disability and Long-Term Disability decision
- Landmark Patient Rights Decision
- Changes to Refugee and Immigration Law
- HALCO highlights, people, staff update, and information.
Here is the link to our newsletter on our website: https://www.halco.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/HALCO_news-2019Summer.pdf. If you would like a print copy or alternate format, please contact us.
Our current and previous newsletters are also available on our website: https://www.halco.org/our-services/our-publications/halco-newsletters.
Anyone living with HIV in Ontario can contact us for free legal advice about any legal issue (the issue does not have to relate to HIV). For more information about getting legal help, please visit the Contact Us page of our website.