HALCO staff organize, conduct and participate in public legal education events across Ontario and provide workshops on topics of interest to people with HIV as well as HIV/AIDS legal issues for the broader community.
Our public legal education activities include workshops and presentations at conferences, at AIDS service organizations across Ontario and in many other settings.
Please contact us to request a presentation, our participation in an event, or to order copies of our materials.
HALCO Email Distribution List
To receive updates from HALCO including our newsletter and workshop announcements, please visit our Newsletter Sign-Up page: www.halco.org/newsletter-sign-up to sign up for our free email distribution list.
HALCO Public Legal Education Presentations
Our presentation topics include:
- HIV and the Law Overview
- HIV Disclosure and the Law: Criminal and Public Health Issues
- HIV and Immigration Law
- HIV and Human Rights Law
- HIV and Privacy Law
- HIV and Employment Law
- HIV and Private Insurance
- Government Sources of Income for Individuals and Families
- Ontario Disability Support Program Overview
- Changes to Social Assistance/ODSP: what has been announced, what it might mean and what next
- Planning Ahead: Powers of Attorney and Advance Care Planning
- Planning for illness: legal information for people with HIV in Ontario
- Disability Tax Credit and Registered Disability Savings Plans (benefits for people with disabilities including people receiving Ontario Disability Support Program benefits-ODSP)
- Ontario’s Drug Benefit Programs
- Medical Cannabis (marijuana)
- Medical Assistance in Dying Law in Canada
We may provide presentations on other topics or we may be able to suggest other speakers. For more information or to request a workshop, please contact us.