We provide free legal services for people with HIV who live in Ontario, Canada.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on government/public holidays).
To contact us for free legal advice, information and referrals, you can call or drop in during our Intake Hours. Our Intake Hours for new inquiries are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We do not take new inquiries on Wednesdays.
Please see Our Services for more information about getting legal help.
HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario (HALCO)
Phone: 416-340-7790 or
toll-free in Ontario 1-888-705-8889
65 Wellesley Street East, Suite 400
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4Y 1G7
IMPORTANT – If you contact us by email:
- The internet is not private. Email may be blocked or slow to arrive.
- Sending us an email does not mean that we are helping you or will be able to help you.
- You will not be our client and we will not act for you until we have an agreement with you.
- Unless we are already helping you with your legal matter, any information that you send to us will not be considered confidential. Even if we have helped you about other legal matters before, you should not send confidential information to us about new legal matters until we have agreed to advise you.
- HALCO follows the Law Society of Upper Canada rules regarding lawyer/client confidentiality.
- We suggest that you contact us by phone or drop in during our intake hours.
We provide services in English, but some of our staff speak other languages, including French and Spanish. We can arrange for interpretation services for French and other languages (including telephone interpretation).
Your privacy is very important to us. HALCO follows the Law Society of Upper Canada rules regarding lawyer/client confidentiality.
HALCO is a scent-reduced environment so please avoid wearing scents or fragrances when coming to our office.
HALCO Accessibility, Transit and Parking information
For information about accessibility, transit and parking at our HALCO office, please see our Accessibility Information page or download our HALCO Accessibility, Transit and Parking Information (word document).
Our HALCO information pamphlet is available in print and on-line. Almost everything that you might want to know about HALCO is in one pamphlet. You can view our HALCO pamphlet on -line or you can contact us if you would like to request print copies.
Other Ontario Community Legal Clinics
Ontario’s community legal clinics provide free legal services to people across Ontario.
Here are links to more information about other Ontario community legal clinics:
- Community legal clinic information on the Legal Aid Ontario website: www.legalaid.on.ca/clinics.
- Getting legal help: Community Legal Clinics in Ontario is a Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) booklet that lists all the legal clinics in Ontario, and that is available on-line and in print: www.cleo.on.ca/en/publications/ontario.
- Conseils juridiques en français par téléphone : www.legalaid.on.ca/fr/contact/flapp.asp.
You can visit Our Services page for more information about other legal services in Ontario.