In January 2021, the government of Ontario expanded this funding. For information, see here.
On November 30, 2020, the Ontario government announced additional financial support for children and youth. Eligible parents or guardians who apply for the funding will receive a one-time payment of:
- $200 for each child or youth up to age 12
- $250 for each child or youth up to age 21 with special needs
A child or youth with special needs is defined as follows:
- those reported to be receiving special education programs or services by their school board
- those enrolled in licensed child care reported to be receiving special needs funding or support
- those identified as having a special need
Note that the government has indicated that those who are identified as gifted but who do not have any other special needs are not considered to have special needs under this program.
More information about the funding can be found here.
Parents or guardians can apply for funding here.
The deadline to apply for funding is January 15, 2021.
For a pdf of this post, please see here.