On September 29, 2020, a coalition including HALCO announced that the City is not meeting its obligations under a binding settlement agreement to ensure homeless shelters meet physical distancing standards. As a result, the coalition is taking the city back to the Ontario Superior Court of Justice for a hearing on October 1, 2020.
More information about the court case can be found here.
The coalition is made up of:
- Sanctuary Ministries of Toronto
- Aboriginal Legal Services (ALS)
- Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario (ACTO)
- Black Legal Action Centre (BLAC)
- Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA)
- HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario (HALCO)