On October 15, 2020, a judge ruled in favour of a coalition including HALCO, finding that the City of Toronto failed to comply with its commitment under a binding settlement agreement to ensure physical distancing in Toronto homeless shelters during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The coalition’s press release can be found here.
More information about the court case can be found here.
The coalition is made up of:
- Sanctuary Ministries of Toronto
- Aboriginal Legal Services (ALS)
- Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario (ACTO)
- Black Legal Action Centre (BLAC)
- Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA)
- HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario (HALCO)