Our HALCO news Autumn/Winter 2019 newsletter is here and includes:
- Commitment to Reconciliation
- HALCO Annual General Meeting and Annual Report 2018-2019
- Funding cuts to legal aid services
- The importance of legal services for people living with HIV
- Criminalization of people living with HIV
- “The right to be forgotten”
- Ontario government reverses some ODSP/OW changes
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Board has been eliminated
- New Victim Quick Response Program +
- Parole, community-based residential facilities (“halfway houses”) and Ontario social assistance benefits
- New dental program for low-income seniors
- HALCO highlights, funders and supporters
- HALCO bids farewell to Jill McNall
- HALCO People
Here is the link to our newsletter on our website: https://www.halco.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/HALCO_news-2019Autumn-Winter.pdf. If you would like a print or alternate format, please contact us.
Our current and previous newsletters are also available on our website: https://www.halco.org/our-services/our-publications/halco-newsletters.
Anyone living with HIV in Ontario can contact us for free legal advice about any legal issue (the issue does not have to relate to HIV). For more information about getting legal help, please visit the Contact Us page of our website.