We are pleased to invite you to take part in Legal Aid Ontario’s (LAO) consultation on its Racialized Communities Strategy.
HALCO is hosting this HIV-specific consultation session for people living with HIV and other partners in the HIV community. People are welcome to attend in-person or participate via teleconference:
LAO Racialized Communities Strategy Consultation
Tuesday April 10, 2018
10 a.m. to 12 noon
55 University Avenue, 15th Floor meeting room C2, Toronto
(teleconference information will be shared with registrants prior to the event)
To register: please contact Jill McNall at HALCO by 5 p.m. on Thursday April 5, 2018, and please indicate whether you would like to attend in person or by teleconference:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: extension 4043, 416-340-7790 or toll-free 1-888-705-8889
LAO has committed to developing a multi-year, multi-faceted, province-wide racialized communities strategy that will build upon the services and supports that LAO already has in place. This strategy will enable LAO to:
- better identify and prioritize the complex intersecting needs of racialized clients and ensure they can access a range of both legal and social services.
- expand access to legal services.
- develop policies, protocols and processes to reflect a better understanding of how being racialized impacts a client’s experience in the legal system.
- provide more supports to service providers.
- create a sustainable plan to ensure LAO staff are knowledgeable and educated in the experiences of racialized communities and how it impacts clients, and provide up-to-date resources to assist in their work.
For more information about LAO’s consultation and strategy, including materials in multiple languages, please visit LAO’s website: http://beta.legalaid.on.ca/strategic/racialized-communities-strategy/consultation/.
This invitation is also available as a pdf poster: http://www.halco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/LAO-Racialized-Communities-Strategy-consult-2018Apr10-HALCO-2.pdf.