PLEASE NOTE: the workshops are full booked and have waiting lists. If you would like to be on the waiting list for a workshop, please contact us.
Our free workshops are held in person in our HALCO Boardroom at 65 Wellesley Street East, 4th Floor, Toronto, Ontario:
- Canada’s New Medical Marijuana (marihuana) Laws workshop on Thursday November 13 from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Presenter: Renée Lang, HALCO Staff Lawyer).
- Planning Ahead: Powers of Attorney and “Living Wills” workshop on Wednesday November 19 from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Presenter: John Nelson, HALCO Staff Lawyer).
- Criminalization of HIV Non-Disclosure on Thursday November 27 from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Presenter: Ryan Peck, HALCO Executive Director and Lawyer).
- Refugees and permanent residents: How can you lose your status in Canada? and Update on Canadian Citizenship Applications workshop on Tuesday December 2 from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Presenters: John Norquay and Meagan Johnston, HALCO Staff Lawyers).
- On ODSP and Turning 65? Income and Benefits workshop on Wednesday December 10 from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Presenter: Jill McNall, HALCO Community Legal Worker).
Everyone is welcome but space is limited so Registration is required.
How to Register:
Please include your name, your contact information, your organization (if any), and the workshop(s) that you would like to attend:
- E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Phone 416-340-7790 or toll-free 1-888-705-8889 or FAX to 416-340-7248
Please avoid wearing scents or fragrances when coming to our offices. If you require disability/communication accommodation, please contact us. We regret that our budget does not permit us to provide refreshments or transportation assistance.
You can also download the HALCO workshop series poster in pdf: www.halco.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/HALCO_Workshop_Series_2014-Nov-Dec.pdf.