Home Care

Home Care

If you are ill and you need help to be able to stay in your home or to return to your home, your local Ontario Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) may help you to arrange “Home Care” services.  Home care services can include:

  • personal support (meal preparation, bathing, dressing, etc.)
  • medical supplies and equipment
  • nursing
  • physiotherapy, and
  • palliative and/or end-of-life care.

Many home care services are paid for by the government.  You may also pay for additional home care yourself.  Your local Ontario Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) is responsible for linking you to government-funded home care services.  You can find your local CCAC by calling 310-2222 toll-free from anywhere in Ontario or on the internet at:  http://healthcareathome.ca/.

Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) has information about home care on its website and in print:

The Advocacy Centre for the Elderly (ACE) website includes information about home care in Ontario:  www.acelaw.ca/home_care_-_introduction.php.

If you are living with HIV in Ontario, please Contact Us for free legal advice. If you live in Ontario you can contact your local community legal clinic: www.legalaid.on.ca/clinics.