Housing Co-operatives (Co-ops)

This section is for people who live in a not-for-profit housing co-operative (“co-op”).  Co-ops are run by members of the co-op and have an elected Board of Directors made up of co-op members.  Co-op members pay a monthly housing charge (rent) and some households pay a geared-to-income housing charge.  Co-op members usually participate in activities related to the running of the co-op.

The Co-operative Housing Federation website has information about co-ops:  https://chfcanada.coop/about-co-op-housing.

Getting legal help

The law is complicated, so you should get legal advice about your situation. If you are living with HIV in Ontario, please contact us for free legal advice about this or other legal issues.  If you live in Ontario you can contact your local community legal clinic for information about services in your community.

Help to find housing

Housing help services may help you to find a place to live. You can find out if there is a housing help service in your area on the Housing Help Association of Ontario website: https://findhousinghelp.ca/.