Our free public legal education workshops are held in person at the Specialty Legal Clinic Co-op, 55 University Avenue, 15th Floor Room C2, Toronto (just south of King Street West and the fully accessible St. Andrew subway station):
- Disability Tax Credits and Registered Disability Savings Plans (RDSPs) workshop: Tuesday May 1, 2018, from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Presenter: Jill McNall, HALCO Community Legal Worker (licensed paralegal).
- Employment Standards Changes and Disability Accommodation in the Workplace workshop: Wednesday May 9, 2018, from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Presenter: Robin Nobleman, HALCO Staff Lawyer.
- Refugees and Permanent Residents: How Can You Lose Your Status in Canada? How Can You Apply for Canadian Citizenship? workshop: Thursday May 24, 2018, from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Presenter: Meagan Johnston, HALCO Staff Lawyer.
- HIV Disclosure and the Law: Criminal and Public Health Issues workshop: Wednesday May 30, 2018, from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Presenter: Ryan Peck, HALCO Executive Director and Lawyer.
- Ontario’s Drug Benefit Programs workshop: Tuesday June 5, 2018, from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Presenter: Jill McNall, HALCO Community Legal Worker (licensed paralegal).
Everyone is welcome to attend these general interest workshops but space is limited so Registration is required.
How to Register:
Please include your name, your contact information, your organization (if any), and the titles of the workshop(s) that you would like to attend:
– Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Phone 416-340-7790 or toll-free 1-888-705-8889 (or FAX to 416-340-7248)
Please avoid wearing scents or fragrances when coming to our offices. Our offices are accessible. Please contact us if you require other disability accommodation. We regret that our budget does not permit us to provide refreshments or transportation assistance.
For more information or to request a workshop for your community, please contact us.
This information is also available as a poster in pdf: www.halco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/HALCO_Free_Workshop_Series_2018-May-June.pdf