We are pleased to announce our HALCO news Summer 2018 newsletter that includes:
- HALCO highlights: casework, law reform and more
- HALCO Annual General Meeting will take place October 23, 2018
- Criminalization of HIV non-disclosure – Important Update
- Improvement to Canada’s immigration medical inadmissibility regime
- Challenge of deduction of Canada Pension Plan Disability benefits from long-term disability benefits
- Cancelled: Ontario Basic Income Pilot and important improvements for Ontario Works/Ontario Disability Support Program
- Encouraging overdose reporting: protection for “Good Samaritans”
- “Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs” employment law update
- New standard lease for private residential tenants
- HALCO Kreppner Awards 2018 – Call for Nominations
- Fifth Increase to Legal Aid Ontario financial eligibility limits
- HALCO people / staff update
- HALCO information and more.
You can access our newsletter on our website: www.halco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/HALCO_Newsletter-Summer2018Aug.pdf.
Our current and previous newsletters are also available on our website: www.halco.org/our-services/our-publications/halco-newsletters. If you would like a print copy or alternate format, please contact us.