HALCO will be closed on Monday September 3, 2018, for the Labour Day holiday. Our office will re-open on Tuesday September 4 at 9 a.m.
HALCO is a charitable not-for-profit community-based legal clinic that provides free legal services for people living with HIV/AIDS in Ontario, Canada.
You can Contact Us for more information about getting help from HALCO. HALCO also provides a variety of other services including public legal education and law reform activities – please visit Our Services for more information.
Intake Hours for New Inquiries
Our intake hours for new inquiries changed in March 2018, and we now take inquiries on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We do not take new inquiries on Tuesday or Thursday. For new immigration/refugee law inquiries: please call us during our intake hours to request an appointment. Please see our Contact Us page for more information about getting legal help.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on government/public holidays). For new inquiries, please see Intake Hours above.
Your privacy is very important to us. HALCO follows the client confidentiatily rules of the Law Society of Ontario.
HALCO is a scent-reduced environment so please avoid wearing scents or fragrances when coming to our office.
HALCO – HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario
Phone: 416-340-7790 or
toll-free in Ontario 1-888-705-8889
55 University Avenue, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2H7
IMPORTANT – If you contact us by email:
- The internet is not private. Email may be blocked or slow to arrive.
- Sending us an email does not mean that we are helping you or will be able to help you.
- You will not be our client and we will not act for you until we have an agreement with you.
- Unless we are already helping you with your legal matter, any information that you send to us will not be considered confidential. Even if we have helped you about other legal matters before, you should not send confidential information to us about new legal matters until we have agreed to advise you.
- HALCO follows the client confidentiality rules of the Law Society of Ontario.
- We suggest that you contact us by phone or drop in during our intake hours.
Our HALCO information pamphlet is available in print and on-line. Almost everything that you might want to know about HALCO is in one pamphlet. You can view our HALCO information pamphlet or you can contact us if you would like to request print copies.
HALCO Strategic Plan and Annual Reports
HALCO Accessibility, Transit and Parking information
For information about accessibility, transit and parking please see our Accessibility Information HALCO Accessibility Information page, our HALCO Accessibility, Transit and Parking Information document in pdf document format and word document format, or contact us.
First Nations Acknowledgment
HALCO acknowledges that since time immemorial the land on which we work has been home to Indigenous Peoples, including the Mississaugas of the New Credit, the Haudenosaunee, the Huron-Wendat, Inuit and Métis relatives. We are here as guests and we are grateful to our hosts today and every day.