HALCO is moving on May 27, 2016.
Our new office is at 55 University Avenue, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2H7. Our telephone, FAX, website and email contact information will not change. Our office will be closed on Friday, May 27 and Monday, May 30. Our new office will open on Tuesday May 31 at 9 a.m. For more information please see our latest move post: www.halco.org/2016/news/halco-is-moving-this-weekend.
HALCO is a charitable not-for-profit community-based legal clinic that provides free legal services for people living with HIV/AIDS who live in Ontario, Canada. You can Contact Us for more information.
HALCO also provides a variety of other services – please visit Our Services for more information.
We take new inquiries for legal advice on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We do not take new inquiries/intakes on Wednesdays. Please see Contact Us and Our Services for more information about getting legal help.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on government/public holidays).
Your privacy is very important to us. HALCO follows the Law Society of Upper Canada rules regarding client confidentiality.
HALCO is a scent-reduced environment so please avoid wearing scents or fragrances when coming to our office.
HALCO – HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario
Phone: 416-340-7790 or
toll-free in Ontario 1-888-705-8889
65 Wellesley Street East, Suite 400
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4Y 1G7
IMPORTANT – If you contact us by email:
- The internet is not private. Email may be blocked or slow to arrive.
- Sending us an email does not mean that we are helping you or will be able to help you.
- You will not be our client and we will not act for you until we have an agreement with you.
- Unless we are already helping you with your legal matter, any information that you send to us will not be considered confidential. Even if we have helped you about other legal matters before, you should not send confidential information to us about new legal matters until we have agreed to advise you.
- HALCO follows the Law Society of Upper Canada rules regarding lawyer/client confidentiality.
- We suggest that you contact us by phone or drop in during our intake hours.
Our HALCO information pamphlet (2016May) is available in print and on-line. Almost everything that you might want to know about HALCO is in one pamphlet. You can view our HALCO pamphlet on -line or you can contact us if you would like to request print copies.
HALCO Accessibility, Transit and Parking information
For information about accessibility, transit and parking at our HALCO offices, please contact us.